Level 5 Diploma in IT & Computing
Level 5 IT & Computing Diploma
Equivalent to 2nd year of University
If you have the desire to turn your passion for computers into a career, the IT & Computing Diploma offered by EduWW Online University is definitely the course you should consider.
the Level 5 modules and assignments are equivalent to the second year of a University Degree
Our online Level 5 IT and Computing Diploma course is a 120-credit course designed to equip you with the skills you need to become an IT professional. While completing the course, students will have access to a variety of support services, including Tutor Support and Webinars, a Social Learning Forum, and additional materials to help in the completion of their Diploma Course.
Am I Eligible for This Program?
Before enrolling in the Level 5 course, you must have completed Level 4 or equivalent.
These qualifications provide a flexible route for learners who have already achieved IT qualifications at a lower level as well as for learners who do not have business or management qualifications, but may have qualifications in other areas and/or prior IT & Computing experience in the work place.
Age: 19 + Entry profile:
- Prior study in computing or related subjects at level 4 or above
- A level 4 qualification, for example an Level 4 Diploma in Computing
- Other equivalent international qualifications
The Level 5 IT and Computing Course is made up of 10 modules and 10 written assignments at each level. On completion of the modules, students will be given access to the assignments. The assignments are approximately 3000-5000 words each. Students are provided support on the modules and assignments via the ‘Tutor’ section of the learning platform.
The Assignment unit titles for the level 5 course are:
- Ethical, Legal and Regulatory Issues and Professional Responsibilities in IT
- Network Design
- Web Based Development
- Database Design And Development
- Relational Database Systems
- Innovative Technologies in Computing
- Computer Research Methods
- Managing a Computing Project
- Software Development Methodologies
- Strategic Management Information systems
Whilst studying this course students will develop their skills in programming, systems analysis and design, software development. Upon successful completion of the course, students can pursue a career in IT within the public or private sector.
How Will I Be Assessed ?
Assessment at Online Business Academy is a very straightforward process:
- After you have completed an online module, you will have an online assessment to complete. This assessment contains 30 multiple-choice questions. You will have one hour to complete these questions which are answered in sets of five so you will have plenty of time to review and edit your answers. After an hour the test will automatically time out.
- After you have completed the test, your results will be displayed immediately. If you didn’t pass, you will receive a notification of a “refer’’ where you will be told how to retake a module assessment. You can complete these modules at your own pace, as there is no deadline to complete the course.
- When the online modules have been successfully completed, you will then be able to take the final written assignments, that test your knowledge and understanding of the modules.
Who this qualification is for
Will the qualification lead to employment, and if so, in which job role at which level?
Will the qualification support progression to further learning?
You should take the Level 5 Diploma if you
- are relatively new to IT industry or are seeking a first IT role
- have already either achieved Level 4 qualifications, completed training at this level in a related area to IT or have prior, relevant experience in the workplace
- want to develop a comprehensive set of knowledge, understanding and skills relating to IT & Computing
- have sufficient time to achieve a qualification of 120 credits
- are planning at a later point to embark on a degree course and are looking for a qualification which will be regarded as equivalent to the first year and therefore ‘count towards’ your degree.
- Lectures 97
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 10 Months, part time
- Skill level RQF / EQF LVL 5
- Language English
- Students 174
- Assessments Yes
This module will enable an understanding of the importance of digital security to business, to understand industry standards of digital security and be able to recommend improvements in security.
Database Design and Development
This module focuses on understanding database design and development includes advanced languages to analyze and query database data. Students will research database management and critically test and evaluate databases.
This module will explore the design, deployment and management of virtualization and explore its commercial and potential impact.
This module explores the principles of networks and network design and implementation and support of network systems.
Ethical, Legal and Regulatory Issues and Professional Responsibilities in IT
This module explores current issues in the IT sector and how these may impact on areas of security, confidentiality, privacy, and the law.
Strategic Management Information Systems
This module is concerned with developing an understanding of the strategic role of MIS within the organization and how it impacts on the broader objectives and strategy of the business.
Innovative Technologies in Computing
This module looks at innovative trends and disruptive advances taking place and examines the new generation of skills and knowledge that will be required to work successfully in the sector.
Computer Research Methods
This module will explore the knowledge and skills required to undertake research in this field and the qualitative and quantitative approaches required including use of literature and design of research proposals.
Computing Project Planning
Creating and managing projects has changed over the years with the development of sophisticated IT Software, this Module focuses on how being a project manager in the 80’s differs to being a project manager in today’s world.
Software Development Technologies
This module looks at the role of systems engineering in development of software and various models of data, software and processes using modeling approaches.