Level 5 Diploma in Business Management
Level 5 Diploma in Business Management
Equivalent to 2nd year of BA University
The Undergraduate Level 5 Extended Diploma in Management is a 120 credit course designed to quickly track students to the final year of an associated Undergraduate BA in Business and Management, which can either be completed at a university on campus or via online learning. This course is made up of 10 level 5 modules (120 credits). If a student decides to only study at Level 5 they will only receive 120 credits and can apply for an exemption from the second year of a university degree course. Each module consists of approximately 40 guided learning hours of material with an additional 30-50 hours of optional learning material. These materials comprise recommended exercises, recommended readings, and internet resources.
Am I Eligible for This Progam?
To enroll in a Level 5 course, you must be at least 19, have a full secondary education and entry criteria equal Level 4 qualification.
These qualifications provide a flexible route for learners who have already achieved management qualifications at a lower level, as well as for learners who do not have business or management qualifications, but may have qualifications in other areas and/or prior management experience in the work place.
Age: 19 +
Successful completion of the full Level 5 Diploma in Management and final year of an accredited Undergraduate Degree program will give students the right credentials to go and apply for a job in marketing, accounting, human resources, management, or business consultancy.
Who this qualification is for
Will the qualification lead to employment, and if so, in which job role at which level?
The Level 5 Extended Diploma in Management has 10 modules and 8 written assignments at each level. On completion of the modules, students will be given access to the assignments. The assignments are approximately 3000-5000 words each. Students are provided support on the modules and assignments via the ‘Tutor’ section of the learning platform.
The Assignment unit titles for the level 5 course are:
- Managing Communications
- Business Organisations in a Global Context
- People Management
- Finance for Managers
- Research Project
- Marketing Principles and Practice
- Planning a New Business Venture
- Business Law
How Will I Be Assessed ?
Assessment at Online Business Academy is a very straightforward process:
- After you have completed an online module, you will have an online assessment to complete. This assessment contains 30 multiple-choice questions. You will have one hour to complete these questions which are answered in sets of five so you will have plenty of time to review and edit your answers. After an hour the test will automatically time out.
- After you have completed the test, your results will be displayed immediately. If you didn’t pass, you will receive a notification of a “refer’’ where you will be told how to retake a module assessment. You can complete these modules at your own pace, as there is no deadline to complete the course.
- When the online modules have been successfully completed, you will then be able to take the final written assignments, that test your knowledge and understanding of the modules.
Will the qualification support progression to further learning?
You should take the Level 5 Diploma if you
- are relatively new to management or are seeking a first management role
- have already either achieved Level 4 qualifications, completed training at this level in a related area to management or have prior, relevant experience in the workplace
- want to develop a comprehensive set of knowledge, understanding and skills relating to management
- have sufficient time to achieve a qualification of 120 credits
- are planning at a later point to embark on a Management degree course and are looking for a qualification which will be regarded as equivalent to the second year and therefore ‘count towards’ your degree.
- Lectures 76
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 10 Months, part time
- Skill level RQF / EQF LVL 5
- Language English
- Students 182
- Assessments Yes
The Entrepreneurial Manager
What is an Entrepreneur? Examine the skills and qualities of entrepreneurship.
Managing in Today’s World
Business in the modern world. This module focuses on governance and equality as a means to do right in business.
Why are organizations structured in the way they are? What determines the optimum structure and how does it differ between organizations? In this module, learners will look at the numerous models and theories that make up organizational structure.
Business Planning and Goal Setting
What is the business trying to achieve? What will it do? How will it do it? This module focuses on the creation of clear goals and clear plans to achieve a clear objective.
Politics and Business
Impact of politics on business and how it may help or hinder business. This module will educate learners on economic impact, exports, and government support.
Explore the statutory responsibilities of managers as learners consider the legalities of business and business executives.
Marketing and Sales Planning
Learners will analyze how markets, customers, competitors, and products can come together in a cohesive plan.
Understanding how your people and your business can continually improve together, learners will review reward structures, CPD, training and development to ensure high performance in business.
Practical Accounting Analysis
Learners will complete exercises in accounts throughout this module to understand what they are telling us and the actions that analysis can precipitate.
On successful completion of this module, learners will have knowledge of numeric exercises and will understand their use within the context of the business.