Level 4 IT & Computing
Level 4 IT & Computing
Equivalent to 1st year of University
If you have the desire to turn your passion for computers into a career, the IT & Computing Diploma offered by Education World Wide, Online University is definitely the course you should consider.If you have the desire to turn your passion for computers into a career, The IT and Computing Diploma offered by Online Business School is definitely a course you should consider.
The Level 4 modules and assignments of this course are equivalent to the first year of a University Degree
Our online Level 4 IT and Computing Diploma course is a 120-credit course designed to equip you with the skills you need to become an IT professional. While completing the course, students will have access to a variety of support services, including Tutor Support and Webinars, a Social Learning Forum, and additional materials to help in the completion of their Diploma Course.
Am I Eligible for This Progamme?
To enroll in a Level 4 course, you must be at least 18 and have a full secondary education.
These qualifications provide a flexible route for learners who have already achieved qualifications at a lower level as well as for learners who do not have IT or management qualifications, but may have qualifications in other areas and/or prior IT & Computing experience in the work place.
Age: 18 +
- A GCE Advanced level profile with achievement in 2 or more subjects supported by 5 or more GCSEs at grades C and above
- other related level 3 subjects
- an Access to Higher Education Certificate delivered by an approved further education institute and validated by an Access Validating Agency
- other equivalent international qualifications
The Level 4 IT and Computing Course is made up of 10 modules and 10 written assignments at each level. On completion of the modules, students will be given access to the assignments. The assignments are approximately 3000-5000 words each. Students are provided support on the modules and assignments via the ‘Tutor’ section of the learning platform.
The Assignment unit titles for the level 4 course are:
- Management Information systems
- IT and Society
- Computer Systems and Software
- Computer Programming
- Relational Database Systems
- Software Engineering
- Systems Analysis and Design
- E-commerce Applications
- Human Computer Interactions
- Information Systems Theory
Whilst studying this course students will develop their skills in programming, systems analysis and design, software development. Upon successful completion of the course, students can pursue a career in IT within the public or private sector.
How Will I Be Assessed ?
Assessment at Online Business Academy is a very straightforward process:
- After you have completed an online module, you will have an online assessment to complete. This assessment contains 30 multiple-choice questions. You will have one hour to complete these questions which are answered in sets of five so you will have plenty of time to review and edit your answers. After an hour the test will automatically time out.
- After you have completed the test, your results will be displayed immediately. If you didn’t pass, you will receive a notification of a “refer’’ where you will be told how to retake a module assessment. You can complete these modules at your own pace, as there is no deadline to complete the course.
- When the online modules have been successfully completed, you will then be able to take the final written assignments, that test your knowledge and understanding of the modules.
Who this qualification is for
Will the qualification lead to employment, and if so, in which job role at which level?
Will the qualification support progression to further learning?
You should take the Level 4 Diploma if you
- are relatively new to IT industry or are seeking a first IT role
- have already either achieved Level 3 qualifications, completed training at this level in a related area to IT or have prior, relevant experience in the workplace
- want to develop a comprehensive set of knowledge, understanding and skills relating to IT & Computing
- have sufficient time to achieve a qualification of 120 credits
- are planning at a later point to embark on a degree course and are looking for a qualification which will be regarded as equivalent to the first year and therefore ‘count towards’ your degree.
- Lectures 97
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 10 Months, part time
- Skill level LvL 4 RQF / EQF
- Language English
- Students 186
- Assessments Yes
IT and Society
This module examines the impact of technology on society and explores trends and changes created. It will examine management issues and potential conflicts in terms of security and data management.
Computer Systems and Software
This module will explore the functions of computing systems and the basics of design, configuration, and routine maintenance.
This module examines the basis of OOS and how programming fits into the broader aspects of usage of applications.
Relational Database Systems
This module will enable understanding of database design and development and enable students to develop and design a database and explore solutions to meet client brief. Learners will learn how to design a database.
This module is concerned with the analysis of IT and computing needs to develop requirement specifications and develop and test prototypes.
System Analysis and Design
This module provides an understanding of IS concepts and how they relate to organization needs in respect of business processes and transformation of information.
This module explores the role of eCommerce in the modern world and in particular the identification of aims and objectives within a business and the design issues arising from the definition of requirements. Human Computer Interaction This module will develop students understanding of principles and models of Human Computer Interaction and evaluate existing HCI design and principles and use this to help them plan their own prototype multimedia user interface.
Human Computer Interaction
Information Systems Project Management
This module explores elements of project management key to successful development and implementation of specific IT projects.
Management Information Systems
This module focusses on understanding concepts of information systems and how they support business needs in terms of information processing and data processing.