Level 4 in Business Management
Level 4 Diploma in Business Management
Equivalent to 1st year of BA University
The Online Business Academy Level 4 Diploma in Business Management, Undergraduate Level 4 Diploma in Management, is a 120 credit course designed to quickly track students to the second year of an associated Undergraduate BA in Business and Management degree, which can either be completed on campus at a university or via distance learning. This course is made up of 10 Level 4 modules (120 credits). If a student decides to only study at Level 4 they will only receive 120 credits and can apply for an exemption from the first year of a university degree course. Each module consists of approximately 40 guided learning hours of material with an additional 30-50 hours of optional learning material. These materials comprise recommended exercises, recommended readings, and internet resources.
Am I Eligible for This Progamme?
To enroll in a Level 4 course, you must be at least 18 and have a full secondary education.
These qualifications provide a flexible route for learners who have already achieved management qualifications at a lower level as well as for learners who do not have business or management qualifications, but may have qualifications in other areas and/or prior management experience in the work place.
Age: 18 +
- A GCE Advanced level profile with achievement in 2 or more subjects supported by 5 or more GCSEs at grades C and above
- other related level 3 subjects
- an Access to Higher Education Certificate delivered by an approved further education institute and validated by an Access Validating Agency
- other equivalent international qualifications
The Level 4 Diploma in Management has 10 modules and 8 written assignments at each level. On completion of the modules, students will be given access to the assignments. The assignments are approximately 3000-5000 words each.
Students are provided support on the modules and assignments via the ‘Tutor’ section of the learning platform.
The Assignment unit titles for the level 4 course are:
Applying Promotional Techniques
Corporate Social Responsibility
Customer Relationship Management
Finance for Managers
People in Organisations
Successful completion of the full Level 4 Diploma in Management and final year of an accredited Undergraduate Degree program will give students the right credentials to go and apply for a job in marketing, accounting, human resources, management, or business consultancy
How Will I Be Assessed ?
Assessment at Online Business Academy is a very straightforward process:
- After you have completed an online module, you will have an online assessment to complete. This assessment contains 30 multiple-choice questions. You will have one hour to complete these questions which are answered in sets of five so you will have plenty of time to review and edit your answers. After an hour the test will automatically time out.
- After you have completed the test, your results will be displayed immediately. If you didn’t pass, you will receive a notification of a “refer’’ where you will be told how to retake a module assessment. You can complete these modules at your own pace, as there is no deadline to complete the course.
- When the online modules have been successfully completed, you will then be able to take the final written assignments, that test your knowledge and understanding of the modules.
Who this qualification is for
Will the qualification lead to employment, and if so, in which job role at which level?
Will the qualification support progression to further learning?
You should take the Level 4 Diploma if you
- Lectures 70
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 10 Months, part time
- Skill level RQF / EQF LVL 4
- Language English
- Students 274
- Assessments Yes
Developing Personal Skills
Developing Personal Skills Develop a range of personal skills vital to the world of business. Concentrating on communication, leadership and decision making techniques.
Communication is the key to effective operations and working effectively with others. Throughout this module, learners will grasp a range of communication techniques used for a variety of commercial purposes.
The Business Environment
Explore issues outside of the business that may affect the business and its operations. Considering economics, international dimensions, nature, and competition.
Exploring and using the marketing mix as part of the business planning process.
This module looks at employees and people as a business’ most asset. Recruit the best, reward the best and retain the best.
Explore the various theories and models of management and their different contexts.
Culture and the Organisation
What is meant by culture? Why is it important? How does it differ between organizations?
Customers and Customer Service
This module looks at customers as the fulcrum of any business.
Fundamentals of Accounting
On completion of this module, learners will understand accounts and how they can be used to give insight into the health of the organization.
Financial Management and Control
In this module, learners will compare some examples of good and bad financial decision making and the impact on the business.