Level 6 Diploma in Business Management
Level 6 in Business & Administrative Management Diploma
Equivalent to 3rd Graduation year of University
Online Business Academy Level 6 in Business & Management, the Graduate Level 6 Diploma in Business & Administrative Management is made up of 10 modules, each module consisting of approximately 40 guided learning hours. While completing the online business diploma students will have access to various study resources, such as tutor support and webinars, a social learning forum, and additional materials to help in the completion of their graduate business course.
The Graduate Business & Management course is made up of 10 modules. Each module consists of 40 guided learning hours of material with an additional 30-50 hours worth of optional materials that are comprised of recommended exercises, recommended readings, Internet resources, and self-testing exercises.
Am I Eligible for This Progam?
This course will be most suited to individuals who are at least 25 years old and have 5 years’ managerial work experience and do not have a degree but wish to study for an MBA or Postgraduate Business Programme. On successful completion of the course, students will be able to enroll in our Level 7 Postgraduate Diploma in Strategic Management.
For learners who have recently been in education or training the entry profile is likely to
- one or two years study of Business, Management or related qualifications at a Higher Education Institution
- a level 5 qualification in Business, Management or related subjects for example an
- Level 5 Diploma in Management
- other equivalent international qualifications
- Learners must also have an appropriate standard of English to enable them to access relevant
resources and complete the unit assignments.
- Learners may also have relevant work experience.
- Mature learners may present a more varied profile of achievement that is likely to include
relevant work experience (paid and/or unpaid) with levels of responsibility, participation and/or
achievement of relevant professional qualifications.
- This may be used for recognition of prior learning (RPL).
Successful completion of the full Level 6 Diploma in Management and final year of an accredited Undergraduate Degree program will give students the right credentials to go and apply for a job in marketing, accounting, human resources, management, or business consultancy.
Who this qualification is for
Learners may progress to:
- an Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management
- a postgraduate degree program in a higher education institution
- employment in Business or related sectors
Will the qualification lead to employment, and if so, in which job role at which level?
The bachelor Level 6 Business and administrative Management Course has 10 modules and 6 written assignments. On completion of the modules, students will be given access to the assignments. The assignments are approximately 3000-5000 words each. Students are provided support on the modules and assignments via the ‘Tutor’ section of the learning platform.
Students will need to complete 6 out of the 8 Assignments units mentioned below:
1. Strategic Management
2. The Dynamics of Leadership
3. Management Information systems for Business
4. Advanced Finance for Decision Makers
5. Marketing Management in Business
6. Customer Focus for Strategic Advantage
7. Leadership Skills
8. Managing Risk in Business
How Will I Be Assessed ?
Assessment at Online Business Academy is a very straightforward process:
- After you have completed an online module, you will have an online assessment to complete. This assessment contains 30 multiple-choice questions. You will have one hour to complete these questions which are answered in sets of five so you will have plenty of time to review and edit your answers. After an hour the test will automatically time out.
- After you have completed the test, your results will be displayed immediately. If you didn’t pass, you will receive a notification of a “refer’’ where you will be told how to retake a module assessment. You can complete these modules at your own pace, as there is no deadline to complete the course.
- When the online modules have been successfully completed, you will then be able to take the final written assignments, that test your knowledge and understanding of the modules.
Will the qualification support progression to further learning?
You should take the Bachelor Level 6 program if you
- are relatively new to management or are seeking a first management role
- have already either achieved Level 4 qualifications, completed training at this level in a related area to management or have prior, relevant experience in the workplace
- want to develop a comprehensive set of knowledge, understanding and skills relating to management
- have sufficient time to achieve a qualification of 120 credits
- are planning at a later point to embark on a Management degree course and are looking for a qualification which will be regarded as equivalent to the second year and therefore ‘count towards’ your degree.
- Lectures 62
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 10 Months, part time
- Skill level RQF / EQF LVL 6
- Language English
- Students 157
- Assessments Yes
Information Technology in Business
There is clear evidence that Information Technology provides competitive advantage, whatever the business sphere an organization operates it, this module will assess pros and cons of using information technology within business.
Information is the most valuable asset in the contemporary organization, and communication is the method by which information is shared. It is based on information that business decisions are made. So, without effective communications, an organization simply cannot perform optimally.
High Performance Teams
This module is designed for both new and experienced managers. Using a mix of information, personal and team activities, it aims to help learners develop new team building skills or refine and expand the team building skills they already possess.
Good leadership is essential for success in any organization, whether in the private or public sector. Today, rapid change, in the form of a constantly changing competitive environment, innovations in technology and changing economic conditions, have led to the realization that leadership is a skill to be developed.
There are literally thousands of management tools and models which can be used for analysis, problem solving and strategy development. The trick for the practicing manager is to master a few which are versatile and which can be used in most of the situations you are likely to encounter.
Managing and Using Finance
This module covers key areas of accounting, as seen from a business perspective. It explains how accountancy can inform and guide management decisions.
Managing and Using Marketing
The focus of marketing is on the customer and customer satisfaction – meeting the needs of customers through the products/services we sell and offering the customer what they perceive as value. Today customers have higher and higher expectations for quality, service, and value.
There is a great deal of focus on creating the right type of organization today because it is recognized that the structure, culture, and management of the organization has a huge influence on organizational performance.
So what is personal effectiveness? Personal effectiveness covers those skills and abilities that we need to have, regardless of our job, status, or professional background. Personal effectiveness is about using the key skills we have identified to achieve greater productivity and successful results – whether that be on a business or personal basis.
Quality and Excellence
The words quality and excellence are used in a wide variety of contexts in organizations. We refer to a quality product, a quality company, excellent business procedures or an excellent service. So, what exactly do we mean by these terms? Does quality mean conformance to specifications? Does it mean a product or service without flaws? Does it mean excellence?